Object Oriented Plugin based game engine
Viper Engine is an modular game engine designed with data driven and component based approach. This is my attempt to learn game engine programming and architecture. The project will be constantly updated while I learn game engine programming at FIEA and potentially even more when I learn while in the industry.
Couple of books I am currently reading while I build this engine are:
- Game Engine Architecture, Second Edition 2nd Edition by Jason Gregory
- Game Programming Patterns by Robert Nystronm
- Effective C++ by Scott Myers
- C++ for Game Programmers by Mike Dickheiser
- Gamedev.net and Gamasutra are also a considerable help in figuring out various problems and solutions related to specific topics of implementation.